How Do You Sabotage Yourself?
Now, it is time for you to tell yourself the truth!
Please don't rush through this exercise; take some time to reflect on some things that you regret in your life. I think you will find that many of them are a result of your self-sabotaging behaviors. Grab your Journal/Notebook, go to a quiet place, and ponder the following questions.
- How does this picture relate to self-sabotage?
- If you replace the person in the picture with YOU, what are some ways that you have self-sabotaged yourself in the past?
- How were you feeling before you responded in a self-sabotaging way?
- How did you feel afterward?
- What patterns do you see? In other words, are there specific times when you do these behaviors?
NOTE: Question #5 is to help you identify triggers. These are things that affect your emotional state, often significantly, by causing you to feel extremely overwhelmed or distressed. They affect your ability to remain present at the moment and bring up specific thought or influence certain behaviors.